Open as PDF
SECTION 20—4-WAY VALVE
Part No 1110538 77 Platinum™Series
Replacing Manifold Assembly (Units Manufactured after
NOTE: For this procedure, refer to FIGURE 20.3 on page 78 and FIGURE 20.4 on page 80.
NOTE: Platinum XL and 10 Units manufactured after 7/24/03 are equipped with Y-tube muffler
assembly as shown in FIGURE 20.3. This procedure applies to Platinum 5 units manufactured
• Diagonal Cutters
• Flathead Screwdriver
• ¼-inch ratchet, ¼-inch socket, and ¼-inch extension
1. Unplug unit.
2. Remove cabinet. Refer to Removing Cabinet on page 25.
3. Remove control panel. Refer to Removing Control Panel on page 62.
4. Cut and remove the tie-wraps connecting the sieve bed hoses to top of manifold
NOTE: When removing the sieve bed hose from the manifold assembly, use a flat head screwdriver
to pry hose up while simultaneously pulling the hose upward.
5. Remove sieve bed hoses from manifold assembly.
6. Remove the two spade connectors from the valve pilot on top of the manifold
7. Loosen the adjustable clamp that secures valve manifold input hose to heat exchanger.
NOTE: When removing the valve manifold input hose from the heat exchanger, use a flat head
screwdriver to pry hose outward while simultaneously pulling the hose outward.
8. Remove valve manifold input hose from end of heat exchanger.
9. Remove the two mounting screws, washers (one per side) and bushings (two per side)
securing the 4-way valve/manifold assembly to top of sound box (Detail “A” of
10. Remove the 4-way valve/manifold assembly from the concentrator by lifting the
assembly straight up through the cutout in the sound box.
11. Loosen the adjustable clamp on valve manifold input hose to bottom center port of
NOTE: Note orientation of valve manifold input hose to Y-tube muffler assembly. It is imperative
that this input hose be installed in the same orientation in order to connect to the heat exchanger.
12. Remove valve manifold input hose from bottom center port of manifold assembly. Use
screwdriver to loosen the connection of the tubing at barbed fitting while pulling
tubing away from manifold assembly.