Open as PDF
4.2 Mounting Considerations
Do the installation following the information in IEC 62616 Annex A and IMO
• Locate the units away from exhaust pipes and vents.
• Make sure the location has good ventilation.
• Mount the units where shock and vibration are minimal.
• Locate the units away from the equipment that generates electromagnetic fields,
such as a motor or generator.
• Follow the maintenance space indicated in the outline drawings, to facilitate main-
tenance and servicing.
• Follow the compass safe distances indicated on page iii to prevent interference to
a magnetic compass.
• Keep the units away from direct sunlight to prevent heat that can build up inside their
cabinets. The LCD of the Main Alarm Panel BR-510 can darken if put in direct sun-
• For the Main Alarm Panel, the optimal viewing distance is 0.5 m. Select a location
within that distance.
• For the Main Alarm Panel, Timer Reset Panel, Motion Detector:
• Locate the units on the bridge where a proper lookout is available.
• The means of activating the reset functions shall be easily accessible from the
conning position, the workstation for navigating and maneuvering, and the work-
station for monitoring and the bridge wings (if applicable).
• The 1st stage audible alarm shall be audible from all operational positions on the
bridge where the OOW may reasonably be expected to be stationed.
• On the Motion Detector installation, obstructions must not be within the detect-
ing range of the sensor. Observe the requirements shown in the illustration when
you select an installation location.
• For the Flash Beacon, the flashing indication shall be visible from all operational
positions on the bridge where the OOW may reasonably be expected to be sta-