Open as PDF
6. MAINTENANCE, TROUBLESHOOTING
6.4 How to Check Connection Between Bridge Panel
and Cabin Panels
You can check the connection between the Bridge Panel and each Cabin Panel. The
tested Cabin Panel sends a test signal to the Bridge Panel through the Processor Unit.
The Bridge Panel receives the test signal then commands the Cabin Panel to light its
lamps and give the buzzer for three seconds.
This test is not available for the Timer Reset Panels (incl. Watertight Timer Reset Pan-
el) because they are fitted on the same bridge as the Bridge Panel.
The sequence to check the connection is shown below.
Press the ALARM and DUTY keys together on a Cabin Panel to test. The following
• The test signal is input to the test channel for the tested Cabin Panel.
• The Bridge Panel controls the Processor Unit to tell the tested Cabin Panel to light
its lamps and give the buzzer for three seconds.
• The tested Cabin Panel lights its lamps and gives the buzzer for three seconds.
Note 1: The watch alarm timer is not reset during the test.
Note 2: A Cabin Panel that is currently forwarding an alarm cannot be tested. Howev-
er, you can test the Cabin Panels that are not forwarding an alarm. (For example, in
the 2nd stage, a Cabin Panel other than the one in the back-up officer’s quarters can
(3) Bridge Panel controls the Processor Unit
Test channel for
(2) Signal sent on test channel for Cabin Panel
(1) Press both DUTY and ALARM buttons together.
(4) Each lamp lights
and the buzzer sounds.