Open as PDF
4. ADMINISTRATOR MENU (Initial Settings)
4.2.3 One-man mode
Use this mode on the open sea when only one OOW is on the bridge; for example,
nighttime. The BRIDGE ALARM and WATCH ALARM boxes are green. Green means
respective function is active. The MODE-ONE MAN box is white.
• The harbour mode is different from the bridge attended mode. The watch safety
alarm is OFF always even when the track control system or heading control system
is turned ON.
• The watch safety system activates in the bridge attended mode when the Track
Control System or Heading Control System is turned ON. When one is turned on,
the Bridge Panel operates as follows.
1) When the track control system or heading control system is turned ON, the help
area indicates that the watch safety system is activated.
2) The operator presses the BUZ STOP and ACK keys to stop the buzzer and ac-
knowledge the alarm.
3) The message in the help area disappears.
4) The WATCH ALARM box lights in green and the watch safety system activates.
5) The DUTY lamp lights on the Cabin Panel in the quarters of the back-up navi-
gation officer. Even if the DUTY lamp lights the alarm is not forwarded.
• In the bridge attended mode, the following occurs when the track control system or
heading control system is turned off.
1) When track control system or heading control system is turned OFF, the system
operates with the selected operating mode.
2) The DUTY lamp goes off on the Cabin Panel in the quarters of the back-up nav-
igation officer and the Cabin Panels in public areas.
BRIDGE ALARM SYSTEM BR-1000