Open as PDF
— Eng 3 —
For proper measurement of blood pressure
• Take a deep breath five or six time and then relax before
measuring blood pressure. If you are tense when taking
the measurement, you will not get a valid reading.
• Blood pressure will be elevated when you are in a worri-
some or irritated state, suffering from lack of sleep or con-
stipation, or after exercise or a meal.
• Putting on the cuff is one of the most important tasks for
ensuring proper measurement of blood pressure.
the cuff around the arm and tighten it so that one
finger may be inserted between the cuff and arm.
• Do NOT measure blood pressure after bathing or drinking.
• When you feel like relieving yourself, you should do so be-
fore measuring blood pressure.
PRECAUTION FOR USE AND MAINTENANCE
• Do NOT bend the cuff or air hose unnecessarily.
• NEVER wipe the blood pressure monitor with thinner or
benzene, as they may damage it.
• When the monitor is very dirty, wipe it clean with a cloth
moistened with Sterilizing alcohol or a neutral detergent,
and then wipe it with a dry cloth. Do NOT use thinner or
Nature and frequency of maintenance:
This products is designed for use over an extended period of
time; however, it is generally recommended that it be inspected
every two years to ensure proper function and performance.
Protect the nature environment:
Please help protect natural environment by respecting national
and/or local recycling regulations when disposing of the batter-
ies and the products at the end of their useful lives.
Reference European standard:
This products complies with EC instructions 93/42/EEC (Medi-
cal Device Directive) and with the following standards: EN 1060-
1: 1995 “Noninvasive Sphygmomanometers, Part 1 General
Requirements” and EN 1060-3: 1997 “Noninvasive Sphygmo-
manometers, Part 3 Supplementary Requirements for Electro-
mechanical Blood-Pressure Measuring Systems.
• Measure blood pressure where the room temperature is
about 20°C. Do NOT measure blood pressure when it is
too cold (below 10°C) or too hot (above 40°C) in the room.
• Do NOT measure blood pressure immediately after drink-
ing coffee or tea or smoking.
• Measure blood pressure with a relaxed and quiet posture.
Keep the center of the cuff at the level of your heart, and
do NOT move your arm or talk during measurement.
• Do NOT keep on measuring so many times, as your arm
will have built up congestion of blood, and you will not get a
Precautions for use
• If you suffer from heart disease, high blood pressure or
other circulatory disease, please consult your doctor first.
• If you feel abnormal pressure of the cuff during use or any
other irregularity, reduce the pressure by immediately
switching off the power or removing the batteries and con-
sult the sales outlet where purchased.
• If you think the measured value is abnormal or if measur-
ing makes you feel unwell, discontinue use and consult your
• Measurement of blood pressure may not be possible for
someone with a weak pulse or arrhythmia.
• Congestion, swelling, etc. may occur in some people.
• If blood pressure is measured repeatedly, an accurate
result will not be achieved. An interval of about 10 minutes
should be allowed.
• The memory is erased if the batteries are removed for re-
placement, etc. and a record should be kept of any neces-
Precautions for maintenance
• Do NOT store the blood pressure monitor where it will be
exposed to direct sunlight, high temperature (over 60°C),
low temperature (below –20°C), high relative humidity (over
95%) or in a dusty place.
• Do NOT expose the blood pressure monitor to under force
or vibration, or drop it.
• Remove the battery/batteries when not in use for a long
• Do NOT disassemble the apparatus.