Open as PDF
- Eng 4 -
cold (below 10°C) or too hot (above 40°C) in the room.
7. DO NOT try to measure your blood pressure immediately after
drinking coffee or tea or after smoking.
8. Measure your blood pressure when you are relaxed and still. Keep
the center of the cuff at the level of your heart and DO NOT move
your arm or talk.
9. DO NOT measure blood pressure when the cuff has been on your
wrist for a few minutes or more. During this time, your wrist will have
built up a higher blood pressure and you will not get valid reading.
10. If the Body Movement Indicator or Irregular Heartbeat (IHB)Indicator
is displayed, relax and measure your blood pressure again. If the
Irregular Heartbeat (IHB) Indicator appears frequently, you are
advised to consult a doctor about your health condition. (See page
11. The ﬁ gure below shows the blood pressure classiﬁ cations under the
The graph is not exact, but
may be used as a guide
in understanding non-
invasive blood pressure
measurements. The device
is only intended for use by
80 85 90 100 110
Grade 3 Hypertension (severe)
Grade 2 Hypertension (moderate)
Grade 1 Hypertension (mild)
Deﬁ nitions and Classiﬁ cations of Blood Pressure Levels