Open as PDF
• Do NOT measure blood pressure immediately after drinking coffee or
tea or smoking.
• Measure blood pressure with a relaxed and quiet posture. Keep the
center of the cuff at the level of your heart, and do NOT move your
arm or talk during measurement.
Precautions for use
• If you suffer from heart disease, high blood pressure or other circula-
tory disease, please consult your doctor first.
• If you feel abnormal pressure of the cuff during use or any other
irregularity, reduce the pressure by immediately switching off the
power or removing the batteries and consult the sales outlet where
• If you think the measured value is abnormal or if measuring makes
you feel unwell, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
• Measurement of blood pressure may not be possible for someone
with a weak pulse or arrhythmia.
• Congestion, swelling, etc. may occur in some people.
• If blood pressure is measured repeatedly, an accurate result will not
be achieved. An interval of about 10 minutes should be allowed.
• The memory is erased if the batteries are removed for replacement,
etc. and a record should be kept of any necessary data.
Precautions for maintenance
• Do NOT store the blood pressure monitor where it will be exposed to
direct sunlight, high temperature (over 60˚C), low temperature (be-
low -20˚C), high relative humidity (over 95%) or in a dusty place.
• Do NOT expose the blood pressure monitor to under force or vibra-
tion, or drop it.
• Remove the battery/batteries when not in use for a long period.
• Do NOT disassemble the apparatus.
• Do NOT bend the cuff or air hose unnecessarily.
• NEVER wipe the blood pressure monitor with thinner or benzene, as
they may damage it.
• When the monitor is very dirty, wipe it clean with a cloth moistened
with Sterilizing alcohol or a neutral detergent, and then wipe it with a
dry cloth. Do NOT use thinner or benzene.
Nature and frequency of maintenance:
This products is designed for use over an extended period of time; how-
ever, it is generally recommended that it be inspected every two years
to ensure proper function and performance.
• Do NOT keep on measuring so many times, as your arm will have
built up congestion of blood, and you will not get a valid reading.
PRECAUTION FOR USE AND MAINTENANCE
- Eng 4 -