Open as PDF
The UV stands for Ultra-Violet light. Ultraviolet light represents the
frequency of light between 100 nanometers (nm) and 400nm and
cannot be seen with the naked eye. Within the UV spectrum lie
three distinct bands of light: UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C.
• UV-A (400-315nm) The long wave UV light (315nm to 400nm)
or UV-A refers, to what is commonly called “black light.” This is
the longest wavelength region and lowest energy; it represents
the largest portion of natural UV.
• UV-B (315-280nm) The UV-B (280nm to 315nm), or midrange
UV, causes sunburn.
• UV-C (280-100mm) The Germicidal UV Light (100nm to 280nm),
or UV-C, is effective in microbial control.
The most effective frequency for microbial destruction is between
280nm and 200nm within this UV-C band. Therefore, as long as
the nm frequency of Germicidal lamps have been well-controlled
within the range, then the microbial will be significantly reduced.
Opportunities for infection are abundant and virtually everywhere,
so it is important to realize that use of the Pocket UV-C Light
Sanitizer does not guarantee that the user will avoid illness.
To avoid microbial infection, one must take a wide range of
precautions. Use of the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer is an
important precaution, but not the only precaution that one
Do not look directly into the lamp and do not expose skin under the
UV-C light! Do not allow any impact to the UV-C lamp. If the UV-C
lamp is cracked, chipped or damaged, do not operate. While the
UV-C lamp is quite durable, our warranty does not cover a lamp
breakage. This UV-C lamp contains a small amount of Mercury.
The Mercury content of this product meets RoHS requirements
(less than .05mg). Dispose of the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer
including the UV-C lamp and any residue thereof in compliance
with all relevant local, state and federal laws, regulations and
This is not a toy! Please keep it away from children!
Never allow the UV-C lamp to be pointed at your eyes
or any part of the body!
Children should never operate this device!
Do not use this device on pets!
Do not face the UV-C lamp towards other people!
Do not use this device on any type of food!
• DANGER- Ultraviolet light. UV light can be harmful to skin and
eyes. It is important to use the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer
• Improper operation of the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer may cause
injury. Read and understand all warnings prior to operating the
Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not look directly into the UV light.
• Do not use the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer on any part of the
• Do not touch the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer lamp.
• Never disassemble the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer. Removal or
tampering with the electronic circuit board or lamp assembly may
cause injury or damage the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer and the
warranty will be voided.
• Do not allow anyone to use the product until they fully
understand proper operating procedure and warnings.
• Do not improperly dispose of the lamp of this product.
• Do not use the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer as a light source.
• Remove the batteries when not in use for long periods.
• For the best performance, always keep the Pocket UV-C Light
Sanitizer clean and avoid stains.
• In case the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer gets dirty, “wipe” it with
a soft cloth VERY GENTLY.
• Do not use in manner other than instructed in this User Manual.
1. One-button operation. Easy to operate
2. Automatic Roller Ball Safety Shut-Off Switch
3. Wave over surfaces to sanitize in seconds!
4. Portable and light-weight
5. Automatic Shut-Off after 3 minutes of non-use.
Please Note Roller Ball Safety Shut-Off Switch:
When the unit is in use and the lamp is turned face-up or in a
vertical position, the UV-C light will automatically turn off. When
the unit is turned back face-down or horizontal, the UV-C light
will automatically turn back on. This is a safety feature that
protects user or others from direct eye or skin contact with the
UV-C light. Please note that the when you move the Pocket UV-C
Light Sanitizer up or down or side-to-side, the roller ball compo-
nent moves and makes a rattling sound. This is a normal sound
and does not mean that there is a problem with your Pocket
UV-C Light Sanitizer.
1. Open the battery cover and insert 4 “AAA” Alkaline batteries
into battery compartment and close cover. Pocket UV-C Light
Sanitizer is ready to be used.
2. Open the top cover. Hold the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer in a
horizontal position (UV-C light facing down) 1/2 inch from the
surface you want to scan.
3. Switch the side button to “ON” mode. The unit’s UV-C Light
will now turn on.
4. Hold the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer close to the object and
scan for 30 seconds. Repeat scanning 2-3 times for additional
disinfection. The closer the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer is to the
object, the more effective it will disinfect.
5. Switch the side button to “OFF” mode to turn off the power.
Please note that the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer will turn off
automatically after 3 minutes of non-use
Suggested Application Areas
Personal Items Home
Pacifiers Changing Tables/Diaper Pails
Toys High Chairs
Cell Phones Phones
Offices Public Places
Fax Machines/Copiers Restaurants
Keyboards Locker Rooms
Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer Trouble Shooting Guide:
Problem: Power switch in on position but there is no UV-C light
Solution: Check to ensure batteries are working and properly
inserted; Do not mix old and new batteries; Do not mix alkaline
and rechargeable (Nickel-cadmium) batteries.
• Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer in is in vertical or lamp face-up
position. Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer contains a safety switch to
protect the user or others from direct eye contact with the UV-C
light. Return sanitizer to horizontal or lamp face-down position
and light will turn back on.
Problem: UV-C Light keeps shutting off though the Power switch
remains in the on position.
Solution: Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer in is in vertical or lamp
face-up position. Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer contains a safety
switch to protect the user or others from direct eye contact with
the UV-C light. Return sanitizer to horizontal or lamp face-down
position and light will turn back on.
Problem: Cannot turn Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer off.
Solution: Slide Power switch to the “Off” position; Unit will also
automatically shut off when not used for 3 minutes.
Problem: Cannot open battery cover
Solution: To open battery cover, press small button at bottom of
unit while sliding cover away from unit.
Problem: Cannot close battery cover:
Solution: Rest battery cover so that the notches line up and slide
up to lock battery cover into position.
Problem: Unit and/or lamp has broken, can this be fixed?
Solution: If the lamp is cracked, chipped or damaged, do not
attempt to operate. While the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer lamp is
quite durable, our warranty does not cover lamp breakage.
Dispose of the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer including the UV-C
lamp and any residue thereof in compliance with all relevant local,
state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
Problem: Unit makes a rattling sound when I move it up or down
or side-to side.
Solution: This is the sound of the Roller Ball Safety Shut-Off
Switch moving. This is a normal sound and does not mean there
is a problem with your UV-C Light Sanitizer.
Problem: How do I clean the Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer?
Solution: Wipe unit with a soft cloth VERY GENTLY.
• UV Wavelength: UV-C (253.7nm)
• Product Size: W2” x L1” x H4”
• Product Weight: 60g
• UV-C Lamp Power: 1.5W
• Power Supply: 4 “AAA” Alkaline batteries
• Operation Temperature: 32°F-122° or 0°C-50°C
• Storage Temperature: 32°F-158° or 0°C-70°C
Warning: The materials used in this product may create an
exposure to chemicals known to the state of California to cause
cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. This warning is
required by Section 25249.6 of the California Health and Safety
UV-C LIGHT SANITIZER
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE USING THIS SANITIZER
Thank you for purchasing our Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer, one
of the most advanced bacteria-reducing tools in the world. The
Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer can help you and your family to
significantly reduce infectious microorganisms and germs such
as fungus, mold, bacteria and viruses from your home, office or
travel environment. By following these instructions and
safeguards, you and your family will benefit from the use of
your Pocket UV-C Light Sanitizer for many years to come.
Maumee, Ohio 43537 • www.markfeldstein.com
Roller Ball Safety