Open as PDF
for DIGITAL THERMOMETER
(WITH BUZZER & WATERRESISTANT)
PLEASE READ THIS MANUAL IN ANY CASE BEFORE USING.
1. Turn unit on by depressing the push button. The unit will beep.
2. You will see the following display, serving the function check.
All segment displays:
and then the last measured value will be on the display:
in case there is no last measured value stored,
the display will appear as:
3. After the last measured value normally appears:
i.e. temperature below 32
If the temperature is above 42
Measurement method: Maximum thermometer
Measurement range: 32˚C~42˚C
Accuracy: ±0.1˚C between 35.5˚C and 42˚C at an ambient
temperatuire of 18˚C to 28˚C
Display: 3 digits with decimal point,
M (Memory mark) , ˚C (˚C indicator)
Rated voltage: DC 1.5 V ( : Direct current)
Battery life: Approx. 3 years (If used 3 times a day, for 10 min.
Weight: Approx. 10g (Include battery)
Operating environment: Temperature 10 to 40˚C, Relative humidity 30 to 85%
C to 60
C, Relative humidity 10 to 95%
Electrical shock protection: Internal power unit
Intended Use 1. This device can measure the human body temperature.
2. This device is intended to be used for checking personal health
condition at home.
Degree of Protection Type BF applied part
* Applied part for this device is a probe.
1. Do not use this thermometer for measurements other than body temperature.
The thermometer will be damaged if it is used to measure the temperature of bath,
2. Do not drop the thermometer and do not expose the thermometer to heavy shock. As
the thermometer is not shock-protected construction.
3. Do not bend the thermometer.
4. Do not bite the probe.
5. Do not disassemble the unit, do not make any modifications and do not touch the cir-
6. Do not spill chemical solvents on the unit.
7. Do not store the unit in direct sunlight, not at high temperature and not at a high degree
of humidity or dust.
8. Do not boil the probe.
Do not use the thermometer if it operates irregularly or shows sings of malfunction.
10. Do not use thinner or benzine.
11. When using the thermometer after storage at low temperature, place it in a warm place
for 5 to 10 minutes before use.
12. Keep the thermometer out of reach of children.
13. Wipe the thermometer clean before storing.
(Using antibacterial material)
HOW TO OPERATE
Battery: LR41 or equivalent (1.5 V)
14. When discarding the thermometer or battery, aste disposal please observe any local w
regulations currently in force in your area.
No modification of this device is allowed.
If the display segments appear to be blinking, the battery has to be replaced. Before such
replacement the unit should not be used any more, since a probe function is not ensured.
Clean the housing of the thermometer with ethyl alcohol or a neutral detergent, using a
cloth. (Don’t use thinner or benzine.)
4. Now carry out the measurement.
5. Switch off the thermometer.
62 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
If you want to dispose this product, do not mix with general household waste. There is a
separate collection systems for used electronics products in accordance with legislation under
the WEEE Directive (Directive 2002/96/EC) and is effective only within European Union
Reference European standard:
This products complies with EC instructions 93/42/EEC (Medical Device Directive)
and with the following standard EN12470-3 Clinical thermometer, ASTM E1112,
IEC60601-1, IEC60601-1-2 for EMC.
A: Measurement in the mouth (oral):
Place the thermometer under the tongue and close the mouth.
As long as the measurement is not stable yet, the ºC-indicator flashes.
If the temperature is constant in one digit after the point, the ºC-indicator stops
flashing. The temperature sensor buzzer generates rapid beeps to indicate that the
temperature is accurately measured. After starting of measurement for about 1
minute, the beeping sound will be heard.
B: Underarm measurement (axillary):
To confirm the underarm should be dry and the fever sensor should be inserted into
the center of the underarm with contacting tightly to a skin. And then your arm
should be put on the chest tightly. After starting of measurement for about 2 min-
utes, the beeping sound will be heard.
Note: Axillarty temperature is usually 0.5ºC lower than oral reading.
* In order to measure the temperature more appropriately, hospitals recommend
to require times, in case of the mouth (oral) measurement for over 5 minutes
and in case of the underarm (axillary) measurement for over 10 minutes.
* Temperature should only be taken under the supervision of an adult and it is not
suggested to take a rectal temperature with your thermometer.
If the thermometer is not switched OFF by you, it will
switch off automatically after about 10 minutes.
Wipe the thermometer with a dry cloth before putting it back into the hard case.
: The CE marking is meant to provide information to market inspectors in
the EU member countries.
: Type BF applied part
: Refer to instruction manual before use
: Appliance compliance WEEE directive
: Accumulators and battery packs for separate collection
1) Push the hook placed in the click hole
(which is located back side of the thermo-
meter) with a minus screw driver and slide
the battery cover off.
2) Remove the exhausted battery and insert a new battery the same way. Mak e sure that the
plus side shows when the battery is in place.
3) Replace the battery cover as the same direction before the replacement of battery.
Swallowing the battery may be fatal. If the battery has been swallowed, contact a hospi-
tal immediately and have it removed. Do not throw the battery into a fire. It may explode.
Do not recharge the battery, do not disassemble or short-circuit it.
Information for Collection and Disposal of used Batteries.
Used batteries If you want to dispose this product, do not mix with general
household waste. Please contact your local municipality for more information.
Information on Disposal in other Countries outside the European Union.
If you wish to discard used batteries, please contact your local authorities or dealer and
ask for the correct method of disposal.
We recommend a calibration check for instruments used professionally, e.g. at clinics
according to any national statutory regulations, if any.
WvW elektronische Geräte Vertrieb GmbH
Fintelmannstraße 20/Eingang, Martin-Heydert-Straße,
D-14109 Berlin, Germany
• For technical data, please contact our European Representative
• CITIZEN is a registered trade mark of Citizen Holdings Co., Ltd., Japan.
CITIZEN es una marca registrada de Citizen Holdings Co., Ltd., Japón.
• Design and Specification are subject to change without notice.